Friday, November 29, 2013

Leaving Maine

We're so sad to leave Maine, our home away from home. I had been waiting for almost two years now for Godson and Shekina to experience the things we love so much about the mid-coast region, and FINALLY we all got the chance to witness that. There were many firsts, some small (first bite of lobster) and some big (first time stepping into the ocean). We hope there will be many more trips to come, time in kayaks, snow, on the beach, in the lake...maybe we'll just have to move up there since we liked it so much. (Don't think I haven't thought about it!) 

Here are some random pictures from our trip that I haven't posted yet. 

Feeding ducks and sea gulls at Camden Harbor

First time at our favorite harborside restaurant, the Waterfront; here with good friend Sheryl. 

First time on a beach (Fort Williams with good friend Hanna) 

Playing in the sand at Fort Williams; we lost that coat about an hour later, never to be seen again. :-( 

Squeezed into the backseat on the way to the Portland airport: sweet picture 

and the crazy picture. 

Hope everyone has had a wonderful week. I go back to school on Oct. 29, so I plan to make the most of my next week in Memphis. My sweet (albeit unpaid) 12-week-long leave is finally coming to a close. Sniff, sniff! Wish me luck! 

Anna 

No comments:

Post a Comment