Friday, July 19, 2013

Grateful

After doctor appointments and a visit to my house (Shekina and Godson's first time to see it and two of my dogs--more on that later!), we stopped by my parents' office so the kids could meet everyone who works there and see Papa Skip. Little did I know we would be given an incredible gift, one that completely overwhelmed me with kindness and left me speechless, if only for just a moment! Everyone at the small company pooled their money, and this is what I found inside a card.



I still can't believe it. Amazing. Thank you to all the employees of Hospitality Contract Services for such a sweet, incredibly nice gift. I know the kids will have a ball using it, and we will all have a ball putting it together. I will supply cerveza and snacks! 

Thanks also to everyone at HCS for their extreme kindness towards my children today. The kids had a blast meeting everyone, learning some new manners (thank you for that--I need all the help I can get!), and feeding the goats behind the office. Well, Shekina enjoyed the goats. Godson was so enthralled with the grass in front of the goats' fence that he seemed to have forgotten about the goats. Suddenly he realized a goat had come up to the fence right in front of him, and he let out a blood-curdling scream! I guess he thought he was about to get eaten alive...by an animal that is regularly the main course in his native country. Funny stuff!!! 


Hope everyone is well. Time for me to try to get some PJs on this little girl who has been racing around in her undies for close to an hour, including practicing her high jump skills on Koko and Papa's big bed. 

Goodnight from Eads, TN!

Anna 

PS--We bragged to the DR about how we hadn't seen any signs of scabies in ourselves despite the fact that they are said to be extremely contagious. She replied that symptoms generally don't appear for several weeks. GREAT. Enter at your own risk... 


P.P.S. Here is what Shekina had to say after receiving her beautiful new playset

No comments:

Post a Comment