Monday, July 29, 2013

Busy Social Calendar!

Good Afternoon from Memphis! 

First of all, I am excited to share that the kids slept in their own beds again last night AND that they slept through the night. St. Brittain was on hand to help again, and boy did I need it, with Shekina struggling physically against us putting her in bed. That being said, both kids were asleep in bed by 8:15. Tonight I am going to try it solo. This is the big test! Wish me luck!

Yesterday, as a reward for sleeping through the night for the first time (and in an effort to expend some energy), we all went swimming at my aunt Cindy's house and even had pizza (Shekina was really excited about that part). Today, in yet another effort to get rid of some of the kids' crazy energy, we went to the Shelby Farms Discovery Playground and then out to eat Mexican with our friends Godanse and Joselyne. I can tell Joselyne and Shekina will be good friends, and let me tell you, I think I have found my number-one babysitter in Godanse. She was excellent with Shekina, Joselyne, and Godson. What a blessing it was to have her along today! Here are a few pictures from our day. 

I turned around for one second, and next thing I saw was the two five-year-olds pushing the eleven-year-old in the big basket swing. Something's wrong with this picture! 

Joselyne and Kina chose to eat pizza at the Mexican place. We're going to have to work on their tastebuds!

Benjamin Godson's first visit to Rio Azul and his first bite of cheese dip. He loved it! 

2 comments:

  1. AHHHH I LOVE THAT THERE IS A PICTURE OF JOSELYNE AND KINA AHHHHH SO MUCH CUTENESS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to let kina's hair grow long? Or are you going to cut it , its better if you put them in braids since african hair cant stay in a pony tail of its going to fall ( i am from angola)

    ReplyDelete