Saturday, July 20, 2013

Overflowing with Gratitude!

I still can't believe the generosity and caring others have shown. Yesterday, I took the kids to my own house for the first time. Upon arrival, I found beautiful flowers and a welcome home balloon from my dear friends Juan, Sandra, and Juanito. 


Then on the dining table I found three packages. Two Congo Adoption Facebook group friends had sent me gifts--friends who have been so caring and such good listeners during my entire adoption process, but friends I've never met in real life. Carly and Joel, whose son (also named Benjamin!) was in the same orphanage as my kids until February or March, sent two adorable outfits, one for each of the kids. Erin, a friend whose three-year-old son came to the states from Eastern Confo two years ago, sent Kina a Princess Tiana and Godson a giraffe ride-on/push toy. Amazing people!
Today, my aunt Cindy and two of my cousins, Brittain and Christiana, came for what we thought was just a visit with a small gift. Little did we know they would show up with a basket overflowing with puzzles, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, sippy cups, beautiful African-themed outfits, and these beautiful prints for each child's room. Despite our scabies, they stayed a long time visiting with the kids, and Brittain even installed my new car seat! (I was clueless about how to do this.) 


Again, I am overwhelmed by the kindness of others. I am so lucky, and so are my kids, to be surrounded by such love and support. Thank you so much to everyone! 

Cousin Brittain and Kina 

Kina's beautiful new dress. The picture doesn't do it justice. There is a beautifully embroidered African scene around the hem! 



No comments:

Post a Comment